level design for my personal project
level design examples and write up - Ethan peck
these are examples of the completed examples of the environment that I created for my personal project, the purpose of this project was to ease myself back into creating environment in unreal engine and it was also supposed to be a challenge to get me to try new things, some of the things that I tried were making displays using the in engine modelling tool and then putting graphics on the displays, this was something new that I tried and was successful at and as such this has carried over into the space horror project. I also experimented with adding atmospheric effects that really add some dimension to the environment, to also creates a better sense of immersion for the player that reflects the theme of the level.
working on this project has allowed me to learn new skills that will be transferrable to different projects in the future. for this project I also tried 3D modelling which I had previously avoided this was successful, I used this model as an opportunity to learn surface painter to create the texture for this model.
this part of the project was successful as I created a thematically sound environment that was immersive and well detailed. this project helped me to ease back into creating on unreal engine by creating a relatively simple environment but I also successfully pushed myself in the area of creating a 3d model for the environment and the creation of thematic graphics that tie the environment together.

Comments
Post a Comment