my day at the Norwich games festival
ETHAN PECK- Norwich games fest day two 31/5/24
recently I took part in one of the days at the Norwich games festival with the purpose of showcasing our game to the general public and looking at the work others had done in the games space in the local area. I arrived at the festival at 9 shortly after the event started and I stayed all the way through until the event finished at 4 to help the group pack away the event had many things going on the day I was present such as talks and many other stalls showcasing their own games.
unfortunately on the day that I went our game wasn't functioning properly, however on the first day of the event a version of I was, we were showcasing the demo of the game, this demo consisted of all of the parts of the game that we had completed, this was the first room, the cafeteria and the electrical room, this gave the public a decent chunk of the game to try out and gave us a lot to talk about with the public. I was disappointed that the game wasn't working on the day that I went because I would have been able to give people insight of the art and the environment design in the level, this was something that was missing on the first day as I was not present. however despite this I was able to support the other group and we were able to talk in general about the college itself. so there was still plenty to do.
I had some nice conversations during the day that made it feel full and valuable even though we did not have a game to showcase to the public we were still able to attend talks and talk to others present at the event.
despite not having a working game it was still a great day to experience, I was able to walk around and talk to other people in the games development space at the festival I could try their games and talk to them about their games, this was a valuable opportunity to learn from these people, in my case I was interested in the art and the environments present in some of these games, by playing them and talking I was able to gather ideas that I may be able to implement in future projects that I take on, although I did not make any, events like this are some of the best places to attend if you are trying to make connections within the industry.




Comments
Post a Comment